Friday, May 7, 2010

Faithful Citizenship from Mary B

May 9, 2010 Let’s not forget that this legislative session is not really over. Governor Lingle has almost two months to decide whether or not she will veto HB444, allowing the civil union bill to become law. Please don’t wait to contact her, however, because she could make an announcement at any time. She can be reached at 586-0034 or governor.lingle@hawaii,gov . In the meantime, please continue to pray that she, as well as our legislators if called upon again to vote, will make the right decision for our families and our society. Traditional marriage between a man and woman is the basis for civilization. It’s pretty simple. Today we honor the mothers who provide the nurturing that a family needs. A mother provides a safe haven in her home. She provides the encouragement that her children need. Phyllis Diller summed up her thoughts on being a mother when she said, “I want my children to have all the things I couldn’t afford. Then I want to move in with them.” It helps to have a sense of humor as a mom. Then it also helps to be philosophical as Mark Twain was when he said, “My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it.” A kid can drive you crazy during the day, yet as mothers we can stand by their bed at night as they sleep and marvel at the little angel we brought into the world! I’m not really sure that you can grasp the importance of the role you play as a mother until your kids are grown and begin to reminisce about their childhood. They are quick to offer their views on where you went right or wrong and how what you did made their lives either richer or more miserable! I repeat, it helps to have a sense of humor. So, Happy Mother’s Day to all moms! Enjoy the day and the pampering. The laundry, cleaning and dishes will be there tomorrow. Gotta go boot up my hard drive! Aloha-- Mary B

No comments:

Post a Comment