Wednesday, July 14, 2010

From the desk of Father Paul

I hope you noticed the bulletin announcements about Marriage encounter Weekends. Marriage Encounters have been around for a long time now. Couples who are involved in Marriage encounter are very dedicated to their ministry. This so because they “live” their marriages. They see their lives together as a ‘holy bond’, made so by the presence of Jesus Christ who sanctifies their lives. They have learned to turn to Him as well as use the power of the Holy Spirit, to keep their love alive and well. During the Marriage Encounter weekends, these dedicated couples share their experiences, the good and the bad, and how they are able to use their Sacrament of Marriage to enhance or heal their lives together. I have first hand experience of what goes on during this weekend. Many years ago, I was part of the team presenting the weekends. I was overwhelmed at their dedication to each other and to their faith. I was edified by their love for each other and by their deep faith. I was amazed at how they healed their differences, through sharing and prayer, and using their Sacrament.
Consider making a Marriage Encounter weekend. Believe me, you won’t be sorry. I have seen many marriages become stronger because of this weekend, and I have seen some shaky marriages healed. See the announcement below for details and look at their website: www.lovemoredeeply.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment